Latino Broadcasting Corporation, Inc. d/b/a KLOL-FM
General Contest Rules
Except to the extent set forth in the specific rules for a particular contest, these general contest rules will apply to all contests conducted by CBS Radio Texas, Inc. d/b/a KLOL-FM (the “Station”). To the extent that the specific rules for a particular contest differ from these general contest rules, the specific rules for that particular contest will govern and control the conduct of such contest. A copy of these general contest rules, along with any specific contest rules if/when applicable, are available (i) during regular business hours, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) 8:30am to 5:30pm, at the Station’s studio location at 24 Greenway Plaza Suite 1900, Houston, TX 77046 (the “Studio”), and (ii) on the Station’s website at http://www.mega101fm.com/rules. For directions to Studio, or for questions and additional information about Station contests or prizes, call 713-881-5101, and ask to speak with someone in Promotions.
Who Can Enter
1. Individuals who are both 18 years of age of older and legal Texas residents on the entry date may enter Station contests (“Entrant(s)”). Only if Station allows individuals fourteen (14) years of age or older to enter contests, in the event a prize is won by any Entrant who is under 18 years of age, such Entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be deemed the winner for all purposes hereunder.
2. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the following individuals are NOTeligible to enter Station contests, even if such individuals meet the age and residency requirements set forth in Section 1 above:
a. Any employees (i.e., full-time, part-time and/or temporary employees) of the Station, of participating sponsor(s) (“Sponsor(s)”), of any advertising and promotion agencies, and/or of the respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies of each;
b. Any immediate family members of such employees, including without limitation current and/or ex-spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, in-laws, and/or steps in any of the foregoing categories; and
c. Any other individual legally residing in the same household (i.e., at the same address) of such employees, including without limitation roommates, housemates, significant others, and partners.
How to Enter/How to Win
3. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
4. For particular Contests governed by these general contest rules (“Contest(s)”), the Station will provide the following Contest-specific information as applicable: (i) when to enter the Contest and/or the deadline for entering the Contest (the “Entry Period”); (ii) how to enter the Contest, which may include but will not be limited to one or more of the entry methods described in Sections 5 – 10 below; (iii) the time(s), date(s), location(s) (if applicable), and method(s) for selecting or otherwise determining any qualifier(s), semi-finalist(s), finalist(s) (collectively hereinafter “Qualifier(s)”), winner(s) and/or grand prize winner(s), as applicable; and (iv) a description and approximate value of the prize(s) to be awarded (“Contest Terms”).
a. Station will provide such Contest Terms by means of on air announcement(s), website/blog post(s), text message(s), instant message(s), social media network post(s), and on-site/point-of-purchase poster(s), display(s), material(s) and/or handout(s).
b. Any reference to information being “announced” or “as announced” shall mean that Station has or will provide such information by any one or more of the foregoing means, as determined by Station with respect to each Contest.
c. Except if specifically required by these general contest rules, by the specific rules for a particular Contest, or by the context of a certain Contest, Contest Terms may not be announced on the radio.
d. Station is not responsible for the failure of any third party sponsor/location to make Contest Terms available.
5. For Entering/Winning On Air (Listen to Win) Contests
a. For All On Air Contests:
i. WARNING: Due to delays in the online streaming of the Station’s broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able participate in, or may be disadvantaged if participating in, any Contest that requires potential Entrant(s) to listen to Station. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
ii. IMPORTANT: Calls to any Station phone numbers other than the announced phone number, including the Station’s main phone number, will not be accepted for the Contest. Station not responsible for calls mistakenly placed to any other number.
1. In the event a caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller that successfully makes it through on the call-in line and completes their call will be a winner.
2. If the Station receives less than the requested number of calls (i.e., only 9 callers when the Station is looking for the 10th caller to win) within a reasonable period of time as determined by Station, Station reserves the right to re-conduct that Contest at a later time or cancel that winning opportunity and not award the associated prize.
b. Designated Caller Entry Contests: To enter, listen for the Station to make an on air announcement, provide instructions, and/or play a sounder specifying when and how to be a designated caller number, the Station Contest phone number and the prize (e.g., “be the 10th caller to 555-1212 to win a pair of tickets to the concert”; “after we play two (2) songs by X Artist in a Row, be the 10th caller to 555-1212 to win a pair of tickets to the concert”; etc…) (the “Cue-to-Call”). Upon hearing the Cue-to-Call, be the designated caller to the Station’s Contest phone number to win the announced prize (i.e., a prize, a qualifying prize, etc…) or opportunity (i.e., will be qualified for a chance to win a prize or grand prize, etc…).
c. Song of the Day Contests: To enter, listen for the Station to announce a particular song or combination of songs (the “Song(s)”), the time(s) (or time ranges) and the day(s) when the playing of such Song(s) will be considered a Contest play, and the designated caller number for the chance to win when such Contest play(s) occur (i.e., the 10th caller to the Station when the Song(s) play(s) will win). The Station will start taking calls as soon as the designated Song starts to play, or in the event of a combination of consecutive Songs, as soon as the last song of the required combination starts to play. To be a valid Contest play: (i) the Song(s) must be played in its entirety on the Station (i.e., not a song clip or hook or a portion of a song used in an intro, promotional announcement or advertisement); and (ii) the Song(s) must play at the time(s) (or within the time range(s)) and on the day(s) as announced by Station. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the announcement by Station specifies that only the first play of the Song(s) on a particular day is a Contest play, then after the Song has been played earlier that day, no other play of such Song(s) will be a valid Contest play. Only the Song as performed by the specific artist named in the announcement will qualify as a winning opportunity.
d. Listen for Your Name Contests: For a Contest that requires any one or more selected Entrant(s) to listen for their name to be announced on-air as a potential winner, (i) only the actual person who entered can win (or was deemed to have entered in the case of certain social network Contests or Club Contests) and must be the person who calls in (persons having the same name will be disqualified if not the actual Entrant), and (ii) the selected Entrant must only call the announced station phone number, which call must be received and answered by the Station within the exact period of time announced.